সোমবার, ৭ মে, ২০১২

Help! My Shrink Tried To Friend Me

As a physician, I understand the temptations to post one?s opinions online. I did my medical residency in the mid 1990s, and, every night (or morning, if I?d worked a night shift), I wrote in my journal. It was a place to unload my thoughts about working in the hospital, the sickness, the stress, the lives wracked by illness, the daily emotional wallops. When email came around I was in heaven. Finally, I could share these stories of anonymous patients and get some reaction?shock, empathy, fascination, or solidarity. I stopped after awhile; one friend told me he cringed when he read my description of a dying man in the ICU and pointed out what was obvious to him, but not, at least initially, to me: That email and patient privacy didn?t go well together, that there?s something sacrosanct about the secrets you learn while caring for a person at his most vulnerable, and that many of these stories shouldn?t see the light of day without the patient?s blessing. Imagine, for example, reading a doctor?s blog and suddenly realizing that the patient being described was your mother. If she?d given the doctor permission, that?s one thing; if she hadn?t?and even if the patient was anonymous?you?d probably be outraged.

protect your bubble review Party Hire Second Hand Office Furniture african mango reviews

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন